Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What'd I miss: P8 Yar har fiddle-dee-dee

Note: This series of events I regretfully missed while on the cruise was too long for a single post, so I'm publishing them in pathetically infrequent bursts until I run out, which I think I just did.

Given my love of Fluxx and gaming, how is it possible I missed the Pirate Fluxx tournament that went on during the Joco Cruise? That was one of the things I most looked forward to. A new, unreleased deck of Fluxx? Talk about nerd cred.

You can see Kristen Looney recruiting folks for the tournament in the rubik's cube video Tracy pointed out. Kristen Looney also speaks highly of the cruise in her blog here.

Does anyone know who won the tourney? Did any celebs play?

As a sidenote, the idea of "Pirate Fluxx" reminded me of this video. Taylor still occasionally mimics the epileptic shimmy the captain goes into at about 1:25.



Look in his eyes as he vibrates wildly, and you'll see bald desperation.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to do that but couldn't because it was (I think) at the same time as handbell choir.

    ReplyDelete