Sunday, March 6, 2011

What'd I miss: P7 The best in terms of dance

Note: This series of events I regretfully missed while on the cruise was too long for a single post, so I'm publishing them in staccato bursts (semi-)daily until I run out.

I am afraid of dancing.

How can anyone not be? There are elbows and feet flying all over the place. Your partner has 100 pounds and 7 inches on you. You're balanced precariously in heels.

I heard about the dance in the Northern Lights disco after the fact, but I only have these pictures that skirt the line between raving fun and madness to tell me what danger I escaped.

(These are all from cajunjoel's photostream. I organized them into a dance-party gallery here.)



David Rees apparently started the dance dance revolution. This photo lives here.



Mike Phirman aims both barrels at Sara Chicazul. This is what we think of Canadians. Photo here.



These are the lucky survivors. I can only assume the rest are in the infirmary with bloody noses and mashed toes. Original photo here.

2 comments:

  1. There was also a swing dancing class somewhere, at some point, that I meant to go to, but then I missed it 'cause they announced the time at morning announcements, and by the time the show was over I'd forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mid-afternoon activities were really hard for me to remember. The siren calls of the buffet and cabana were too tempting.

    ReplyDelete