Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More updates from everyone else

Before I forget, we've got more posts from fellow Joco Cruisers.

***
Another great entry in Stephen Toulouse's blog, this one covering the first two full days. Here he's talking about the question and answer portion of the cruise (a personal highlight for me):

"9am started off with a Q&A with Jonathan that turned into a Q&A with all the performers. My proudest moment up on stage with so many amazing people was a quick ad lib I did. During the Q&A John Hodgeman had inserted himself, hilariously, into several questions that had nothing to do with him. Wil’s son Ryan injected a *totally anonymous* question to Wil asking him to describe in painful detail how awesome his son Ryan was and I gestured next to me to Jonathan to hand me his mic and said 'I think John Hodgeman should answer this question.'That got a good laugh and was probably the first moment that I was able to stamp down the voice of doubt that had begun to plague me over my role as a performer."

How could you ever doubt we loved you Stepto?

Read the whole post with great pictures and links here. Stepto also has a book, which you can buy here. I have it in my hot little Nook, but haven't cracked it yet. Wow, that sounded filthy.

***

Wil Wheaton also posted what we can only hope will be one of many Joco Cruise blogs. This one is about the next nerd craze -- the fez. Cash in on it before the hipsters do!

Check out Wil Wheaton's post here.

***

Womyn2me pointed out a "normy" review of the specific cruise we were on:

"We also had a group on board who I think added a little something to the cruise, without them I think it may have been much more boring without their colorful hair and creative outfits."

See if you agree with the rest of the review here.

***

Two quick links.

The first is the pool tags posted by for the flickr page posted by Randal Schwartz. I love the inclusion and prominence of "creepytowelanimals."

The second is a nice Shortpacked! comic from David Willis.

It's funny on another level because the last day of the cruise the pool band decided to cater a bit to the nerd cruisers, then proceeded to play the worst butchering of the Mario Brothers theme ever put to steel drum. Poor guys. They were trying.

***

This just in! The unremittingly adorable Molly Lewis just posted her writeup of the cruise.

"It was bizarre to wake up to different scenery at my window every morning. It was bizarre to be invited into the company of all these guys I’ve admired and modeled my work after for years. It was bizarre to be recognized by strangers for my music. It was bizarre to stand in a crowd of hundreds, all dressed to the nines, and all wearing self-adhesive mustaches. It was such a drastic departure from my real life. From anybody’s real life, I think."

The rest of her post is equally lovely.

***

Keep the great stuff coming everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment